- Combine the clay, soil, and seeds in a mixing bowl and stir together until well mixed.
- Add a teaspoon of water to the mixing bowl and stir. Be careful not to add too much water!
- Keep adding water a teaspoon at a time until the mixture is sticky enough to be shaped into a ball without falling apart.
- Roll the mixture into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter (about the size of a ping pong ball).
- Leave the seed balls on a baking tray and place in the sun for a day, or until completely dry.
- Once dried, throw your seed balls into the garden, along the side of the road, into vacant lots, or any sunny green space where the grass will not be cut.
Seed varieties: Black-eyed Susan, Blue Vervain, Wild Bergamot, and Western Yarrow.